crminthefield: Podcast and Overview: Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 16
We're proud to announce that all packages for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 16 were released on Wednesday, January 22nd, 2014 to the Microsoft Download Center! The Update Rollup 16 packages should appear on Microsoft Update in February, 2014.
Update Rollup 16 Build number:
Update Rollup 16 Microsoft Download Center page
Here's the "Master" Microsoft Dynamics Knowledge Base article for Update Rollup 16: (KB 2872369).
On Friday, January 24th 2014 at 9 AM Pacific Greg Nichols and Ryan Anderson from the Microsoft Premier Field Engineering will provide information about:
on BlogTalkRadio during their Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 16 Podcast.
Note regarding Podcasts: You can make our CRM Premier Field Engineering podcasts available on Zune by using the RSS feed below. In the Zune software, go to Collection -> Podcasts and click on the Add a Podcast button on the lower left, then enter the url for the RSS feed: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/pfedynamics.rss. After that, you can adjust the series settings like any other podcast, so you can sync with your smartphone or Zune.
Go to Top
The "CRM Update Rollup Collateral Page"
For pointers to download locations, release dates, build information, and CRM Premier Field Engineering blogs and podcasts for all Microsoft Dynamics CRM Update Rollups, visit the "CRM Update Rollup Collateral Page"
Go to Top
Update Rollup 16 News!
Update Rollup 16 is one of the larger CRM 2013 Update Rollups released, including over 140 fixes. As mentioned earlier, we plan on including the Update Rollup 16 fixes in Update Rollup 2 for CRM 2013
Go to Top
Update Rollup 16 is a collection of fixes for issues reported by customers or found by Microsoft's Engineering Team, plus changes to provide support for related technology components.
Update Rollup 16 news that you need to know because Update Rollups are cumulative, so these significant changes are also in Update Rollup 16!
- The release of Update Rollup 16 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011
- New fixes made available In Update Rollup 16
- Collateral available about Update Rollup 16 and CRM Update Rollups in general
For Microsoft Dynamics CRM business solutions that include an entity with a large dataset, record retrieval and grid rendering performance can be negatively impacted for users that do not have global access to all records associated with that entity. Code changes to mitigate this behavior first appeared in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0, and have been fine-tuned since then.
With Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 10 and later, big advancements have been made to optimize the performance of queries against large datasets by adjusting specific “statistical” settings to address the issue. Should this fail to achieve desired levels of performance, adjust the value associated with EnableRetrieveMultipleOptimization (ERMO) setting. You may have heard these changes described at this year's Convergence.
A first step in efforts to optimize the performance of queries against large data sets is to make adjustments to the “statistical” settings that affect the behavior of RetrieveMultiple queries. Although you can configure these settings by modifying the Windows Registry (under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRM) on the each of the Web servers that is used in a deployment, we recommend that these settings be configured by using the OrgDbOrgSettings, which will ensure that the configuration applies to a specific organization. For additional information about configuring these settings by using the OrgDbOrgSettings, and to download the tool that makes the OrgDbOrgSettings changes you desire, see the Microsoft Knowledge Base article titled "OrgDBOrgSettings Tool for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011" (KB 2691237)
If making adjustments to these settings does not yield satisfactory levels of performance, then consider adjusting the value of the EnableRetrieveMultipleOptimization (ERMO) setting. The ERMO setting is commonly used to limit the duration of certain long running queries; specifically, to overcome issues related to local or deep business unit access within Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 security roles.
Many more details describing appropriate scenarios for the available settings are already available via the Microsoft Download Center in a revised version of the whitepaper "Optimizing and Maintaining the Performance of a Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Server Infrastructure", in the sections “Optimizing the Performance of Queries against Large Datasets” and “Optimizing the Performance of Quick Find Queries”. The details will appear in the MSDN version of this whitepaper as quickly as possible.
Go to Top
NEW RELEASE REGARDING OrgDbOrgSettings!
You're probably familiar with the OrgDbOrgSettings command line tool (mentioned above) released by the CRM Product Group in the "Tools" package that is updated and released with each set of Update Rollup packages. With it, you configure some .xml and call your .xml with the command line utility described in KB 2691237. However, you may be daunted by configuring this .xml, to the point that you may not use the tool, or use it minimally - not exploring the many options outlined in KB 2691237 that may be of use to you. Well, the Microsoft Dynamics PFE team now has another option for you! By popular demand, our esteemed CRM PFE colleague Sean McNellis has developed a tool - a CRM 2011 managed solution - that provides you with an easy-to-use GUI with which you can configure all of the options outlined in the Knowledge Base on a per-tenant basis. Feel free to download it, install it, and check it out... I sure use it!
Go to Top
NEW NOTE REGARDING "Deferring Database Updates when installing CRM 2011 Update Rollups"
My esteemed PFE teammate Sean McNellis published a blog you should be aware of regarding the possibility of deferring the CRM database updates when installing CRM 2011 Update Rollups. Essentially, Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup executable packages automatically process and update the organization database updates during the installation. If your deployment has several large tenants or just one very large tenant you may prefer to first install the “binary” updates and worry about applying the database updates after the binary installation of the rollup (on an organization by organization basis). This would put the control and timing of when to update organizations from a SQL perspective in the hands of the administrator, and may make troubleshooting easier.
This feature allows you to separate the installation of the binary updates (DLL’s, executables, etc) from the installation of the database components (updated stored procedures, UDFs (user-defined functions), schema updates, out-of-box index changes, etc). Both updates still need to be completed as part of the update but you can now separately manage and execute those operations. This also allows you to retry database updates if they timeout or do not complete, without jeopardizing the installation binary updates.
I strongly urge you to read the entire blog to see if it applies to your needs. Thanks again, Sean!
Go to Top
General Update Rollup Notes:
- UR12 includes the "Microsoft Dynamics CRM December 2012 Service Update" See:
- Additional cross-browser compatibility provided
- The December 2012 Service Update component of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 12 introduces additional browser compatibility for Firefox, Chrome, and Safari
- Indexes added to support the Update Rollup 10 Quick Find Optimizations
- Update Rollup 12 includes new indexes for the following entities in the Quick Find Search Optimization feature. To fully reap the benefits of the platform changes included in Update Rollup 10, indexing is needed. The indexes created are listed below:
- Contact (the Phone Number fields)
- Business Unit
- Connection Role
- KB Article
- Sales Literature
- These indexes are created during the Update Rollup 12 installation and you may notice that part of the installation will take longer to complete. The reason for this is that the indexes need to be populated and based on the size of your dataset the completion time will vary
- Enhancements to Activity Feeds
- The enhancements made to the activity feeds include a new feature called Like/Unlike
- With this feature, you can express your immediate feedback about a post
- For more information, see Like/Unlike
- Updated User Experience for Sales and Customer Service and Product Update Functionality for Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online
- The Microsoft Dynamics CRM December 2012 Service Update introduces a variety of new features and functionality, including an updated user experience. For Sales and Customer Service users, the updated user experience provides a new process flow visualization, which appears at the top of the forms, such as the Opportunity , Lead or Case form. The process flow guides users through the various phases of the sales and customer service processes
- For trials and subscriptions initiated after December 2012, the updated Sales and Customer Service user experience is included by default. Existing Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online customers have an option of adding the updated user experience to the Opportunity , Lead and Case forms by installing the Product Updates. This lets Administrators install selected feature updates based upon the specific needs of their organizations. The Product Updates are installed by using the Microsoft Dynamics CRM web application; they cannot be installed programmatically
- For more details, see What's New for Developers for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 and Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online
- Custom Workflow Activities for Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online
- Developer Toolkit Support for Microsoft Visual Studio 2012
- The Developer Toolkit for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 and Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online now supports Microsoft Visual Studio 2012. The installer can be found in the SDK download in the sdk\tools\developertoolkit\ folder
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Software Development Kit (SDK) updated December 19th, /2013 for Update Rollup 15 (version 5.0.18)
- Bulk Data Load performance enhancements
- To support bulk data load scenarios, this release introduces the ExecuteMultipleRequest message. This message supports the execution of multiple message requests using a single web method call. ExecuteMultipleRequest accepts an input collection of message requests, executes each of the message requests in the order they appear in the input collection, and optionally returns a collection of responses containing each message’s response or the error that occurred. Processing requests in bulk results in lower network traffic and higher message processing throughput
- For more information, see Use ExecuteMultiple to Improve Performance for Bulk Data Load
- Activity Feeds changes
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Activity Feeds provide real-time notifications and quick sharing of information through short updates. These updates appear on your personal wall in the What's New area of the Workplace . Activity Feeds enable you to follow and learn about important activities that take place around people, accounts, contacts, leads, and anything else that you care about
- Updates can be posted manually by you, or automatically based on predefined system rules through a workflow. Activity Feeds can also be posted to by external applications through the Microsoft Dynamics CRM web services API. Activity Feeds expose Microsoft Lync real-time presence functionality so that you can initiate communication activities such as IM, phone calls, and emails. For more information, see Activity Feeds Entities
- More performance and stability-related fixes, including fixes to the CRM Client for Microsoft Outlook
- Contains all hotfixes / updates released in earlier Update Rollups
- Quick Find performance optimizations and EnableRetrieveMultipleOptimization SQL query performance optimizations (originally released in Update Rollup 10)
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 and 2013 Custom Code Validation Tool
- Testing Update Rollups: Best Practices
- Premier Field Engineering recommends treating Update Rollup 12 (and above) testing like testing a new, major CRM release because of the introduction of new functionality introduced with the December 2012 Service Release. Do all the standard testing like you generally do for all UR’s, but then also all the functional and performance testing that you would do with a new major release
- The “general rule of thumb” for test plans for Update Rollup installs are:
- Test any changes in a pre-production environment BEFORE introducing into your production environment. Manage your risk!
- Consider using the Performance Toolkit for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 to simulate your production user load in your testing environment, to shake out any performance-related issues early
- Test using the permissions your end-user roles (most restrictive) have. Testing with CRM Administrator permissions, for example, does not give you the complete picture
For more information about the Dynamics CRM Q4 2011 Service Update features, consult:
Go to Top
Update Rollup 16 packages are available for download via:
- Consider familiarizing yourselves with this tool!
- The Custom Code Validation tool for CRM 2013 is mostly the same as the Code Validation Tool for CRM 2011 UR12; the 2011 version has been deprecated and is no longer available. We added some additional checks for things that reference the 2007 endpoint or other things that will go away in 2013, so it's best to start removing them now. And, most of the checks in the tool were built into the installer for CRM 2013 as validation checks
- Note that the URL for the CRM 2011 version of the tool now directs to the CRM 2013 version
- Update Rollup 12+ require Microsoft .NET Framework 4
- Update Rollup 6 established a new servicing baseline. This will enable uninstalls of some future CRM 2011 Update Rollups, but this also means that Update Rollup 6 is prerequisite for installation of all future Microsoft CRM 2011 Update Rollups starting with Update Rollup 7
- A database created with Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 6 or a higher version cannot be imported to a deployment of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 5 or an earlier version. This scenario is not supported. Best practice is to import databases or customizations between environments that are at the same Update Rollup level
- As Update Rollup 15 is cumulative, containing all changes released in earlier Update Rollup releases, it also contains the Dynamics CRM Q4 Service Update features released via Update Rollup 6. Some of these features include:
- Outlook Client Updates:
- Dialog Enhancements
- Data Visualization Enhancements:
- Chart Designer Enhancements
- New Chart Types
- Data Management Enhancements to:
- Duplicate Detection
- Activity Feeds
- Listening in on important activities in Social Media that take place around the people, accounts, contacts, leads or opportunities that you care about, including a Windows 7.5 phone application: "Business Hub"
- Update Rollup 5 does not install Activity Feeds:
for these CRM components:
NOTE: On Jan. 20th, 2012 these installation files were updated to include CRM 2011 Update Rollup 6 (Build 05.00.9690.1992)
Go to Top
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 16 Prerequisites:
- The Update Rollup 16 Microsoft Download Center page (released January 22nd, 2014)
- The Microsoft Update Catalog - all packages have a planned release date in February, 2014
- The Microsoft Update detection / installation process
- Note: Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Updates will be pushed via Microsoft Update as Important updates
- Client packages installed manually by downloading the packages and running install will require local administrator privileges. If the client packages are installed via Microsoft Update or SCCM (System Center Configuration Manager), they will not require local administrator privileges
- Consider using Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) or similar software distribution technologies to distribute Dynamics CRM Update Rollups internally. WSUS is a locally managed system that works with the public Microsoft Update website to give system administrators more control. By using Windows Server Update Services, administrators can manage the distribution of Microsoft hotfixes and updates released through Automatic Updates to computers in a corporate environment
- For help with installation please see the Installation Information section of the Update Rollup 16 "master" Microsoft Knowledge Base article
- Please review my teammate Shawn Dieken's superb (and recently updated) blog posting "How to install Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 without an Internet Connection" which provides details on how to set up an install on a machine without access to the Internet
- Please review my former teammate Jon Strand's equally superb blog posting "CRM 2011: Silently Installing Update Rollups" which provides details on installing CRM Outlook client update rollups "silently" in order to limit end-user interruption
Note regarding Microsoft Dynamics CRM Stack Technology Compatibility:
Do you want to know if certain Service Packs or versions of a Microsoft product are supported with Dynamics CRM? Now we have all of this in one “living" Knowledge Base article: the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Compatibility List. For example, you can use this KB article to determine the latest Microsoft SQL Server major version and Service Pack that is supported. Microsoft lists new products like Internet Explorer 10, Microsoft Windows 8, and Microsoft Office 2013 Preview as TBD until testing is complete; generally near General Availability (GA) of that product.
- Essentially the prerequisites listed in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Implementation Guide download or online versions for the various CRM components serviced
- You must have Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 6 installed (build 5.0.9690.1992) to apply this Update Rollup
Go to Top
Issues resolved via Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 16:
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 16 is the fifteenth (considering that Update Rollup 9 was not released publicly) of a series of cumulative Update Rollups that include fixes for the issues that are or will be documented in the "Master Knowledge Base Articles" for CRM 2011 Update Rollups. As they are cumulative, Update Rollup 16 contains all fixes shipped via Update Rollups 1-16, including fixes that were never publicly released via Update Rollup 9.
Go to Top
Hotfixes and updates that you have to enable or configure manually
Occasionally, updates released via Update Rollups require manual configuration to enable them. Microsoft Dynamics CRM Update Rollups are always cumulative; for example, Update Rollup 16 contains all fixes previously released via Update Rollups 1-15 as well as fixes newly released via Update Rollup 16. So if you install Update Rollup 16 on a machine upon which you previously installed no Update Rollups, you will need to manually enable any desired fixes for Update Rollups 1-16:
- Emails generated by RightFax software are not tracked by CRM when using Exchange 2010
- UnhandledException: Microsoft Dynamics CRM has experienced an error. Reference number for administrators or support: #3244E1C6 when deleting a solution
- Email attachments are not being deleted from the dbo.Attachment table when their parent record is deleted
- SSL Offloading does not work when CRM is not using Claims/IFD authentication
- OverriddenCreatedOn* attribute is missing from V3 Custom Entities
- Clicking on report preview throws error on an Updated Organization from Update Rollup 6:
- "HttpUnhandledException: Microsoft Dynamics CRM has experienced an error. Reference number for administrators or support: #3423D182"
- When you click to create a folder for a record in CRM 2011 the SharePoint page is shown instead of the list part grid page. This causes confusion with customers
- Conditional formatting breaks page navigation in view within CRM for Outlook client
- When you select an email that is tracked in CRM, and you have the reading pane viewable for emails, Outlook may hang or become unresponsive.
- Once Outlook returns controls and becomes responsive you notice that the Track in CRM form region for the tracked in CRM email contains a large number of parties on the TO, CC, or BCC
- Retry logic causes unexpected results on some OrganizationServiceProxy methods
- Appointment created and deleted from the web will only be deleted from the organizers Outlook calendar. Occurs when the meeting organizer sends Outlook invitations
- When you attempt to configure the outlook client for an organization and the organization friendly name matches an organization that you already have configured, you will be prompted that an organization with that display name already exists.
- If you then correct the display name and proceed with the configuration, configuration will succeed.
- However the next time that you launch the configuration wizard the wizard will fail to launch. "There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server. The server might be unavailable. Try again later. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator."
- When you have more subjects in the subject tree than can be viewed without a scrollbar, the scrollbar is not shown in IE or FireFox.The scrollbar is shown correctly in Chrome
- When you attempt to view html web resources in the CRM web or outlook client application by opening them from the ribbon, the web resources that are shown are old versions.
- This occurs even after you have published changes to the web resources. If you clear temporary internet files the web resources are shown correctly
- When you create a process step using create, update, or send email step and you put in the body of the email more than 65K characters and then publish and execute the process the step will fail
- A 404 error is seen when accessing an organization if:
- Prior to getting the 404 error you deleted thousands of managed optionset values through the SDK or UI without replacing those deleted optionset values with new values
- Then you published customizations
- Deployment Manager and Plugin Registration performance is slow due to Domain Controller communication
- Appointments and Service appointments are automatically shared with the user that shared the record
- Organizations that were upgraded from Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 and have existing ISV.config customizations in place may encounter situations when the import of managed solutions fails to update or overwrite components in the ribbon that were created as part of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 upgrade
- Searching for a contact in address book fails raising this error:
- "The Contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you do not have permissions. For information on how to remove this folder from the Outlook Address Book, see Microsoft Outlook Help"
- Or, the data in the columns is not correct
- Outlook pops up error if clicking CRM folders before the loading of CRM toolbar:
- "Microsoft CRM has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
- Can't renew or copy a Contract when Contract Line items dates are greater than the Contract
- Custom Plugins registered against the RetrieveMultiple message and specifying "none" as the Primary Entity will fail with a SerializationException starting with the December 2012 Service Update due to an unknown Type originating from the plugins that are part of the ActivityFeeds solution
- Some fields lose data on save and synchronization when focus is not moved from the field when using the CRM Outlook client
- Reports do not render correctly after applying CRM 2011 Update Rollup 12
- "SQL Server error" on Campaign Activity quick find search if including "channeltypecode"
- Sporadically, e-mail sent from Outlook router are sent with winmail.dat attachment
- Re-tracking contacts in child contact folders result in duplicate contacts after synchronization
- When a form that contains a Silverlight Web Resource in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, the Silverlight control fails to be resized when the user resizes the form, making it difficult to access some portions of the Silverlight resource
- You can access System Settings no matter the security role assigned
- Users are unable to view audit history is the records they own are part of another record that they do not have sufficient privileges to access.
- If they only happens for one record, users are unable to see the remaining audit details they do have access to
- Summery Filter is not shown when using N:N relationship criteria
- Export to Excel in Outlook fails with long relationship/entity/field names
- Unable to navigate to next page records through the CRM form window using the short cut (Up/Down Arrows) in the top right corner of form
- When using Process Driven forms in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, users with restricted privileges may encounter:
- "Error on Page" messages or
- "Error: Unable to get property 'trigger' of undefined or null reference" error dialogs
- Memory growth is experienced in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Client for Outlook when the Activity Feeds Solution is present in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online organization
- Mail Merge fails for Office 2013 Outlook clients when using Cached Mode
- Currency symbol keeps as the base currency symbol in activity created by Dialog
- User from 1 business unit are able to see records of other business unit when entity records between business units are merged and the records are owned by the default teams for the associated business units
- If the chart pane is enabled on any view for an entity in the Outlook client, and if the user utilizes the "Email a Link" feature and selects the current view, the URL that is generated and then copied to a blank e-mail will contain invalid parameters.
- Clicking on this link then generates a CRM platform error which indicates that invalid parameters were passed to the request
- Offline script generated Orders change Order ID's upon offline/online Sync
- When you attempt to use a service account to impersonate users in Exchange to poll for email to be delivered into CRM using the email router, and that service account does not have a mailbox, the CRM email router will not be able to proceed either with check access or during normal execution
- Controls on the new driven forms introduced in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 December 2013 Service Update are not being updated with data that was modified as part of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 plugin
- Outlook saved views are not sorted alphabetically like in the web client
- Cannot delete managed solution because of IsMapiPrivate and LeftVoiceMail fields
- Workflow failed with "The deserializer has no knowledge of any type that maps to this name"
- With a Decimal Number field with Precision parameter > 6, a number beginning with 0.000000 errors on Orders:
- "Error. An error has occurred"
- There is an error in XML document (1, 1181) when validating MAPI properties through EWS (Exchange Web Services)
- When you use the CRM web client or CRM client for Outlook you notice memory usage increasing when you use the SharePoint List Web Part for CRM
- Deployments with large datasets in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 may suffer performance bottlenecks on default views, lookups, and queries if the EnableRetrieveMultipleOptimization registry setting is set to zero
- Notes in the Outlook preview section are sorted by modified date instead of created date
- In Update Rollup 13 users cannot print the whole grid page with Internet Explorer 10
- When users change the field 'Start Time' (or any other date field) to third Sunday of October, for any year, in the Brasilia time zone the field is changed to 1/1/1970
- Users receive "not read" receipts if is true in the EmailAgent.xml for the Email Router
- Post Polaris: the Timeout option in wait condition of workflow disappears on Edit
- After applying Update Rollup 12 on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Server, users of the offline edition of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Client for Outlook are unable to configure their Offline Scheduled Sync settings under Personal Settings
- When running an SSRS report and using certain specific locales in personal options in CRM, the report does not contain the correct format as the correct language is not selected based upon the current users locale.
- In this specific example end user has selected English (India) locale of 16393
- When you use IE 10 and you attempt to view an email activity using the CRM email activity form, the body of the email is not fully shown.
- This occurs when the email that was viewed was promoted into CRM either by the Outlook client or Email router and the email body was well formed HTML
- When synchronizing service appointments in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 from Outlook To CRM, the activity parties on the appointments are being rescheduled even though they may not have changed.
- This can potentially cause workflows or plugins to be invoked unnecessarily on the server producing inconsistent results
- Multi-threaded SDK app crash with System.InvalidOperationException
- Unable to view Personal E-mail Templates with EnableRetrieveMultipleOptimization is set to 2
- When you attempt to choose a value from a multi parameter drop down in a SSRS report from within CRM web or Outlook client you receive a script error:
- "Error: No such interface supported"
- You cannot import a solution which contains an out of the box chart where that out of the box chart has been deleted in the destination system
- After Update Rollup 12, datetime picklist does not show the selected value when opened
- After Update Rollup 12, rows of Audit History view are not aligned
- Importing an updated solution version fails to import with UR12 or later
- Changing the resource on a service activity creates temporary duplicates
- Service activity tooltip/color not updated for change in status reason
- Deployment Manager not opening after making the failover to the SQL mirror
- Cannot use print preview for draft replied emails with images after Update Rollup 12 and 13
- Outlook offline reports not showing parameter pane
- Unable to configure CRM outlook client when TurnOffFetchThrottling is enabled
- When an error is raised when submitting the merge dialog form, and upon a second attempt to merge the data you change the selection of fields on the dialog, those changes are not submitted to the platform.
- The initial set of fields are used instead of updated
- UI rendering issue with dynamic position option set for web hosted applications
- Multi-text content is not printed correctly
- When the Deployment Profile is set to Local System after Update Rollup 12 for the Email Router is applied, when you restart the service, the router hangs and will not send messages.
- When you enable verbose logging, you see that it does not continue checking settings. Also, the Email Router Configuration Wizard window either hangs or takes a long time to open
- Jscript error when opening field editor for Yomi field
- Subgrid does not display correctly when using Internet Explorer 8
- After Update Rollup 12, the prvWriteSdkMessageProcessingStep privilege is required to enable some workflows
- LeftVoiceMail field is missing on some custom activities after Update Rollup 12
- Tracked Email Not Promoted if Opened in Inspector View from Sent Items
- Voice mail messages are being rejected by the email router with the error below. These emails were tracked fine when the mailboxes were on Exchange 2007. However the issue started occurring post migrating the mailboxes to Exchange 2013. The issue is only with the emails that come as part of voice mail messages; other emails are tracked correctly
- Instance validation error: 'OneOff' is not a valid value for MailboxTypeType
- Recurring Appointment "Data Propagation" does not list Custom attribute
- Most recently viewed data disappears periodically after you have used to open more than 40 records
- SQL Deadlocks when calling Associate request adding users to teams
- Add activity button gets enabled for closed case even though it should be grayed out
- The first tab on the form becomes visible unexpectedly overriding customizations
- Filter in view does not work when for Option Set containing entries with '&' character
- Invalid XML when creating a campaign with special characters in view criteria
- Data from related entities missing when exporting to Excel from the CRM for Outlook Client
- Consider the scenario where you are creating an e-mail template:
- During the process copy part of a rich text or HTML formatted document and paste it into the subject line. The template creation appears to have a normal subject
- However the resulting e-mails from the template contain style tags
- Any modification to Duplicate Detection Email Template corrupts it
- When you attempt to use a view that has a condition for Owner Equals Current User's Teams and the user does not belong to any team with a security role you receive an error:
- Outlook Filter settings not taken into consideration when performing a quick search
- IME Settings for "Multiple lines of text” fields are not respected
- Custom entity grid icon is not visible in Outlook
- You receive error messages when accessing CRM fields in the CRM for Outlook client. "An error has occurred"
- Set Regarding does not work on a CRM 4.0 Client connecting to a CRM 2011 Server
- Save & New when editing existing Connection does not populate the Connected From field
- When you copy and paste a tracked recurring appointment in the CRM client for Outlook, the copied recurring appointment will become untracked in CRM, however a duplicate will be synchronized to Outlook upon each manual or background synchronization
- This occurs when the source recurring appointment contains an instance of the recurrence which has been modified or deleted and it is outside of the current effective range. For example an instance of the recurring appointment was canceled many months ago
- UR12 and later, spacing between dynamic fields in Processes is not maintained correctly
- InvalidOperationException Errors occur after installing the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Client For Outlook Update Rollup 11 Critical Update (KB 2855319)
- SharePoint documents are stored to the root folder, not under accounts/contacts
- When you create an new record and as part of the process of creating the new record you add notes to the record before performing the initial save some notes may not be created
- This occurs if you click Save, Save & Close, or Save & New on the Ribbon with focus still in the body of the note that is being entered
- Retry logic causes unexpected results on some OrganizationServiceProxy methods
- Outlook Client quick find search box suggests search will be on current view
- When opening and closing forms in Microsoft Dynamics CRM Client For Outlook, users may notice the memory of the WebFormsHost processes climb over time until the application reports it is low on memory
- When installing the slipstreamed Update Rollup 6 version of the CRM client for Outlook and the "Give me updates for Microsoft products and check for new optional Microsoft software when I update Windows" option is checked in Control Panel -> Windows Update -> Change Settings, Windows Update will automatically install the Critical Update (build 2903) patch during installation
- However, the Microsoft.Crm.Outlook.Diagnostics.exe executable (and potentially other files) that it installs are build 3557 instead of 2903, causing Diagnostics to crash and problems when uninstalling
- There is an issue when a customer is using Outlook 2007 with the option 'Send immediately when connected' unchecked
- When he composes a new mail, it first goes to the Outbox and when we click on Send/Receive, it goes out
- When the CRM add-in is enabled and if we open the e-mail when it is in the Outbox to edit it, or simply to see the content, when we click on Send/Receive after that the mail does not go out
- After Update Rollup 14, the Print Preview on records does not display correctly. The footer overlaps the last tab with content
- Outlook crashes when you have ShortTel Communicator and CRM client for Outlook installed
- Mail merge fields not appear in word, template field definition not applied after template selection
- Unable to configure CRM outlook client when TurnOffFetchThrottling is enabled
- Cannot update StateCode and StatusCode of Phone Call entity via plugin code
When you type text and separate each value you want to resolve by a semi colon in a partylist field, only the first entry you types will persist after the auto resolve completes if each entry would resolve to more than one value
- After CRM 2011 Update Rollup Up 12 lengthy form names in the Form selector are getting mixed with record data:
- When viewing an entity form with a display name that exceed the width of the left navigation it overflows onto the form. Before UR12 form names were simply truncated and "..." was appended
- After Update Rollup 12 the form display name overflows onto the body and can over run the data. This issues is present in all Internet Explorer versions, Chrome and Firefox
- Clients having the Update Rollup 11 Critical Update (KB 2855319) are unable to configure if the server has attributes with a DisplayMask of ValidForAdvancedFind set to be non-searchable
- Error importing org from CRM 2011 UR14:
- System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Column names in each table must be unique. Column name 'LeftVoiceMail' in table 'ActivityPointerBase' is specified more than once
- Outlook client unresponsive during startup
- Copying and pasting multiple lines of text from a Word document to the body of a CRM E-mail activity record causes additional line breaks to be inserted in between each line
- This issue did not occur prior to Update Rollup 12
- Exporting solution does not contain relationship information if changed
- Quick find within a Custom dashboard for Articles does not render any results
- When you run Contact Duplicate Detection rule Full Name does not appear in the list
- When the MAPI store for the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Client for Outlook is empty, updates to the cache may cause Outlook to terminate unexpectedly
- When replying to e-mail activity records in the application, if a user presses the enter key in the body, followed by the delete key, a line break is inserted into the body of the form
- Shared activities do not show in outlook offline mode
- CRM Outlook Client attempts to handle tracked Items in Shared Calendar
- When you open an entity form and you attempt to navigate to a side navigation item, for example Activities or Closed Activities, the navigation may be interrupted
- You may instead find that your form focus is now the first selectable field on the main section of the entity form
- For example on the Account entity form, the Name field is selected
- Entity records containing textarea attributes such as Notes on the Reading Pane in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Client for Outlook may cause the client to become unresponsive
- Developer experience for script debugging is broken
- Same Ribbon Display Rule in multiple solutions cause extremely slow form load
- Script Error clicking links on side navigation before form fully loads
- Wait Until condition are not being triggered if watched attribute contains NULL value
- Outlook crashes when using CRM client for Outlook UR15 or UR11 CU
- When you attempt to choose a value from a multi parameter drop down in a SSRS report from within CRM web or Outlook client you receive a script error:
- Error: No such interface supported
- Outlook client fails to load or crashes when client OrgDBOrgSettings are set
- Changes made to the personal view query is not updating in Outlook client since Update Rollup 12
- After installing Update Rollup 15 for CRM 2011, the Mail Merge button on the entity record Add tab does not seem to do anything when clicked
- In some environments, conditions may exist when the registry keys of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook Client are being duplicated when being read causing an exception to occur that terminates the Outlook process
- This functionality changed after Update Rollup 12:
- The custom activity form is not automatically closing when clicking on Mark Complete. The ribbon buttons are disabled and only option is to close with the X
- Prior to Update Rollup 12 the form closed when clicking "mark as complete"
- Users of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Client for Outlook may be unable to configure the client if they are utilizing a proxy PAC file
- The configuration wizard will terminate with a "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error
- Creation and deletion of business units cannot be done in a timely manner
- When you are using the CRM 4.0 Client for Microsoft Outlook while connected to a CRM 2011 organization using IFD authentication you are not able to access the Organization (SOAP) endpoint or the ODATA (REST) endpoint
- This works if you are using the CRM 2011 client for Outlook or the CRM web client
- The process of assigning records from one user to another user and changing business units via the SetBusinessSystemUserRequest takes a long time to execute if the original owner owns a large number of records
- For example, 50,000 contacts
- This process can also cause the tempdb log to increase in size and cause problems if you run out of disk space for tempdb
- Dashboard Tab Ordering is incorrect
- The owner of the child record in a merge inherits invisible rights to the master record
Go to Top
Mismatched Update Rollup versions within a Microsoft Dynamics CRM deployment
In a scenario where you may be running many client workstations with Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 for Microsoft Office Outlook, a common question is whether it is supported to run mismatched versions. For example, where Update Rollup 5 has been installed on the CRM Server but the Outlook clients are still on Update Rollup 1, or where Update Rollup 1 is on the CRM server but due to updates available to the Outlook client you have decided to install Update Rollup 6 on the clients without installing Update Rollup 4 on the server.
The general rule of thumb is to try to keep the versions in sync as much as possible, and we recommend that you avoid deltas of more than one version between client and server. So ideally, you would be running Update Rollup 14 server with Update Rollup 13 or 14 on your Outlook client. However, it is permissible (though not recommended as a long-term solution) to run mismatched Update Rollup versions on Outlook client and server, as Microsoft does do some testing of such combinations.
However, regarding the other Update Rollups (for example Rollups for the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Email Router or Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Reporting Extensions), it is not supported nor recommended to run mismatched versions. A best practice is to update these components at the same time you update your CRM Server. Do the best you can to keep these Update Rollup versions in sync.
For more information, see the blog posting "User experience while accessing CRM 2011 application servers while Update Rollups are being applied"
Go to Top
Microsoft Dynamics CRM compatibility with technology stack components: Internet Explorer, Windows Client and Server, Office, .NET Framework, and more
The Microsoft Dynamics CRM Engineering team consistently tests Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 against pre-release and release versions of technology stack components that Microsoft Dynamics interoperates with. When appropriate, Microsoft releases enhancements via future Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollups or new major version releases to assure compatibility with future releases of these products. This compatibility matrix is updated via this Microsoft Knowledge Base article: Microsoft Dynamics CRM Compatibility List.
- Update Rollup 1: no updates requiring manual configuration
- Update Rollup 2 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 contains the following update that you must enable or configure manually - details on enabling or configuring can be found in this Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
- 2535245 RetrieveMultiple optimization for basic depth needed for local and deep depth read privileges in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011
- NOTE: see comments near the beginning of this blog regarding significant rework to EnableRetrieveMultipleOptimization released in Update Rollup 10
- Update Rollup 3: no updates requiring manual configuration
- Update Rollup 4: no updates requiring manual configuration
- Update Rollup 5: no updates requiring manual configuration
- Update Rollup 6 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 contains the following update that you must enable or configure manually - details on enabling or configuring can be found in this Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
- 2664150 Steps to clean up the PrincipalObjectAccess table in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 after Update Rollup 6 is applied
- Update Rollup 7: no updates requiring manual configuration
- Update Rollup 8: no updates requiring manual configuration
- Update Rollup 10 (includes hotfix components of Update Rollup 9): no updates requiring manual configuration to enable, but
- Note my above comments regarding ERMO (EnableRetrieveMultipleOptimization) option configuration via registry keys or (preferred) OrgDbOrgSettings updates
- This information supercedes the information in KB 2535245, which discusses EnableRetrieveMultipleOptimization enhancements shipped in CRM 2011 Update Rollup 2
- Update Rollup 11 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 contains the following update that you must enable or configure manually - details on enabling or configuring can be found in this Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
- 2820838 Microsoft Dynamics CRM E-mail Router Rule Deployment Wizard does not work in an Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2010 mixed environment
- Update Rollup 12 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 contains the following update that you must enable or configure manually - details on enabling or configuring can be found in this Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
- 2820835 Sync the private property from Outlook appointments to Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 with Update Rollup 12
- Update Rollup 13: no updates requiring manual configuration
- Update Rollup 14: no updates requiring manual configuration
- Update Rollup 15: no updates requiring manual configuration
- Update Rollup 16: no updates requiring manual configuration
Premier Field Engineering
Расскажите о новых и интересных блогах по Microsoft Dynamics, напишите личное сообщение