AXForum  
Вернуться   AXForum > Microsoft Dynamics NAV > NAV: Blogs
NAV
Забыли пароль?
Зарегистрироваться Правила Справка Пользователи Сообщения за день Поиск Все разделы прочитаны

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме Опции просмотра
Старый 14.11.2017, 09:11   #1  
Blog bot
Участник

25,459 / 846 (79) +++++++
saurav-nav: All good things (must) come to an end - NAV 2013 and NAV 2013 R2.
Источник: http://saurav-nav.blogspot.com/2017/...o-end-nav.html
==============

[LEFT]Hi Readers,

Yes, it's true and I feel what the title says "all good things (must) come to an end".
I still remember the good days when NAV 2013 & R2 was released and how happy we were. These two versions played a major role in the Product Future and also the existence of Product.

If you were there with NAV at that time, market rumors were that its time to end NAV as it way behind in terms of technology. Everyone was worried and not ready to change when these versions were released.

Last week Microsoft announced End MainStream Support for NAV 2013 and NAV 2013 R2. Read here on Microsoft Blog.

Today when I look back, I still remember all challenges and learnings that these two releases had. We loved them, learned them and grew with them.

Let's try to remember which bring major changes in product and released with these versions -

1. Dimensions Changes.
I still believe that few developers are still having a hard time with this change, but those who know it in out understand the great impact of it in terms of Record count in the database and also the extraction time for values related to dimension from the database.

2. Web Client.
The First Version of web client and how hard to configure web client and how happy we were to see web client of NAV. We used to show it to all our customers and was so proud of it. Yes, it was not that great in terms of performance as of today but NAV 2013 gave birth to the Web client.

3. Automation was supposed to completely rewritten to DotNet.
With NAV 2013 Microsoft announced retirement to Automation. It created a lot of problems but we as the community fix most of these problems.

4. Query.
A New object was released with NAV 2013, Query which somewhat replicates the behavior of SQL Queries.

5. Bank Account Reconciliation.