AXForum  
Вернуться   AXForum > Microsoft Dynamics NAV > NAV: Blogs
NAV
Забыли пароль?
Зарегистрироваться Правила Справка Пользователи Сообщения за день Поиск Все разделы прочитаны

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме Опции просмотра
Старый 30.01.2020, 13:11   #1  
Blog bot
Участник

25,459 / 846 (79) +++++++
waldo: Microsoft Dynamics 365: 2020 release wave 1 plan
Источник: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/waldo...se-wave-1-plan
==============

Asyou probably already picked up in the media – Microsoft has released its plansfor Wave 1 release (in April) for this year. You can find all the information here: https://aka.ms/Dynamics365ReleasePlan.

Thedocument contains all the information on all we want to know regarding“what’s next” for all related applications, like Marketing, CustomerService, Field Service, …. and also our beloved “Business Central”. And since this is a blog about BusinessCentral – let’s focus on …

Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central

TheMicrosoft Docs endpoint that has all information on Business Central is here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dyn...anned-features . You can completelydisregard this blog, and just read that link, and have all the (updated) information ;-).

But– I’m still going to talk about at least a few of these points. I did that before, and last time, I remember I did rant about one thing (Code CustomizedAL) – let’s see if there is something to rant about in this release ;-).

What am I looking forward to?

You’ll see I’m focusing most on Tech.  and less on functionality.  That’s just me – sorry ;-).

AL Interfaces

I don’t know exactly yet what to expect from this and in which wayit will be used in default Microsoft Apps for BusinessCentral, but it is at least a new interesting capability in terms of code architecture.

Look up events and insert event subscriber in code

Yes! Sounds perfect! By using Shift+Alt+E,you’ll get a list of all available event that you can easily search through:

Tip:it seems you can already use it – just use the vsix from theinsider-docker-image if you have access ;-). Just be careful though – it seems to add all parameters, even if youdon’t need them.. (which in my book is bad practice).

Camera/location AL API available in the browser

When I read this, my immediate reaction was: “uhm, ok,whatever”. I wasn’t really waitingfor this, however, I do think this can really come in handy. Let’s see…

Obsolete tag and URL properties

I can’t say I needed this, to be honest, but in the future, whenreal refactoring is going to be necessary, I really think this is very usefulto clearly explain the ins and outs of certain functionality that will have tochange, and how to deal with that if you depend on it.

But then again, in my company, we’re rebuilding the product fromscratch. If you’re converting/migrating,I can imagine that “refactoring” will come rather sooner than later;-).

Multiple variable declarations of the same type in the same line

You can see that the AL Language is steadily growing into a moremature dev environment, isn’t it. Thisis something that is so “normal” to have in any other language, andfinally coming to AL. Though, I mustsay, there are other fish to fry, I guess ;-).

Ability to refactor a field from a table to a table extension

It seems – but I’m not sure – this is an answer on “how totransfer data from a customization in the base app, to an extension”. How this moves to BC online, I don’t know – but definitely worth digginginto!

Migrations to Business Central online

This is obviously really important and need no furtherexplanation! I just hope it’s going tobe a painless process, because upgrading to 15 .. Has.not.been.painless.at.all! But a migration is not an upgrade either, is it? ;-).

Business Central integration with Common Data Service – can I get a “finally” here, please? :-).  It’s not just “bla bla” anymore – there will actually be some “boom boom” as well – most probably SaaS only.

What am I NOT looking forward to?

Well,I guess this “Application version for aliasing base application” thing. I’m not sayingit’s useless, but it looks like this is only added to facilitate “EmbedApps” – which is nothing more than “Code Customized AL” (in myopinion) – and you know how I think about that ;-).

Added tothis, the “propagateDependencies” has been a change that will beintroduced in the next CU Update – and it has brought me nothing but pain –downloading symbols in a build pipeline just became more complex (luckily,navcontainerhelper eases the pain ;-)).

Is that all that is new?

Ofcourse not! I just didn’t want to“just” copy/paste all items just for the fun of it. All Tech things, ok, but there is so muchmore that is on the plate:
What am I missing?

Monetizationfor AppSource apps – for sure. I mighthave misread or missed it, butI still don’t see it on the roadmap. Why? Why oh why? Do we really want 100ds of apps on there withall a different implementation of monetization? That doesn’t make any sense.. .

Thatsaid – James Crowter wrote a nice article on what HE would have liked to see asprios for 2020. You can find it here: https://msdynamicsworld.com/story/my...microsoft-2020 .

You cansee he has much more experience with an actual “load” of Customers onBC SaaS. And I can only agree with hislist and argumentation.. .

Ideas

Anyway– a big “driver” of this content is the “Ideas” websitewhere they gather ideas from the community. You can easily access it by: aka.ms/bcideas. If you miss out on anything, the firstquestion you should ask is: “did I ask for it?” ;-).

Conclusion

Nothingmuch to conclude besides quite thesame as Erik : nothing groundbreaking, but definitely improving and afurther evolution.

Источник: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/waldo...se-wave-1-plan