Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 12.01.2007, 11:32   #16  
denm
Columbus IT
Columbus IT

126 / 51 (2) ++++
Цитата:
Сообщение от oip Посмотреть сообщение
Denis, using english language on this forum is a kind of test for candidates, isn't it? Which language (English or Russian) do you use in your company during communication with colleagues from Russia via e-mail? And if "off-line"? It is very interesting for me. Thank you!
Yes, Oleg, you're absulutely right. This is kind of testing. The main problem is that candidate can be not so great and experienced in development - we can fix this, but I suppose you agree that it's extremely hard to develop English skills, if the person hasn't appropriate basis.

Reg. e-mails - we're trying to use English in internal e-mails between members of ODC team. Of course we use Russian when communicating with our colleagues from Russia. And in personal communications.
But it would be hard to communicate with our colleagues from abroad, if we don't use English.

BTW, I would like to say that for Example for Danish, or Norwegian people - English is a secong native language (you can talk to people at street, and they won't be surprized). The same situation in the Netherlands. So, I wouldn't be so sure that only UK or US are the countries, where are the native speakers.