AXForum  
Вернуться   AXForum > Microsoft Dynamics AX > DAX Blogs
NAV
Забыли пароль?
Зарегистрироваться Правила Справка Пользователи Сообщения за день Поиск Все разделы прочитаны

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме Опции просмотра
Старый 27.02.2015, 06:17   #1  
Blog bot
Участник

25,459 / 846 (79) +++++++
dynamicsaxtraining: Load demo data
Источник: http://www.dynamicsaxtraining.com/dy...load-demo-data
==============

Agenda
  1. Introduction
  2. Download the Demo data and the Data transfer tool
  3. Load demo data to Dynamics AX
  4. Summary
Introduction

Hi mates, today we will load demo data for the Dynamics AX.

Before any company starts using Dynamics AX, the Implementation team gathers requirements and prepares data to be loaded to the system. When Dynamics AX is installed, the data is usually entered manually into Dynamics AX. For example, for the Financial module, it is required to prepare and set up Main accounts and Financial dimensions; for the Inventory management module, it is required to prepare and set up Products list, Warehouses, Pallets, etc.

(When I have time, I will prepare lessons for each of these modules with the information about what is required to be set up. I think this can be helpful for the Functional consultants.)

Preparing and setting up data for Dynamics AX is not an easy task. What is a plus, Microsoft has prepared the demo data to be used for the educational purposes. It is the best option for beginners to start working and gain experience with Dynamics AX.

In this training lesson, we will import the demo data that is prepared by Microsoft.

Download the Demo data and the Data transfer tool

If you have access to the Partners source or Customer source, you can find demo data here. It is recommended to use Internet Explorer for downloading it. Click the Contoso Demo Data, enable the Microsoft File Transfer Manager, specify a folder, and click OK.

The MicrosoftDynamicsAXR3DemoDatav2.exe file with the demo data is downloaded.

You also need access to the Partner or Customer source to download the Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Test Data Transfer Tool. You can download it from Dynamics Lifecycle services tools.

By the way, it’s hard for me to explain why this tool is not listed on the Product release page near the demo data.

The AX2012TestDataTransferTool zip archive is downloaded.

Load demo data to Dynamics AX
  1. The demo data file is an archive. Run the MicrosoftDynamicsAXR3DemoDatav2.exe, specify a folder, and wait until the data is extracted.
  2. Unzip the AX2012TestDataTransferTool archive. Run the AX2012TestDataTransferTool.msi. Install the Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Test Data Transfer Tool.
  3. Under Control Panel > Services, stop the AOS instance.
  4. Run the command prompt: Run > cmd (right-click > Run ad administrator).
  5. In the command prompt, change the default directory to the directory with the data transfer tool file:
    cd location_of_the_data_transfer_tool
    In my case, it has the following view:
    cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Test Data Transfer Tool (Beta)
  6. In the command prompt, enter the following command to import the demo data:
    dp.exe import location_of_demo_data Name_of_AX_business_database SQL_Servername\InstanceName
    In my case, it has the following view:
    dp.exe import D:\DemoData\MicrosoftDynamicsAXR3DemoData MicrosoftDynamicsAX PC-VMY\MSSQLSERVER12
    This process usually takes up to 2 hours. It depends on your RAM and SQL server setup. In my case, the SQL server takes all available RAM and uses 15Gb of Virtual RAM.
    By the way, at the end I have 3 Errors. I have checked the Log and saw that the data for the last three tables was not loaded (BATCHHISTORY, RETAILTRANSACTIONSALESTRANS, SOURCEDOCUMENTLINE) because of “the ‘PRIMARY’ filegroup is full”. I think this issue takes place because of insufficient disk space. While my disk C shows 50GB free space in reality it can be null because of the pagefile.sys file or Virtual RAM that do not always update the used disc space.
    These tables are not critical for me. So I leave them empty.
  7. Under Control Panel > Services, start the AOS instance.
You can also find similar walkthrough for the data load process here.

Summary

As you can see the process is not complex, but a bit time consuming. Let’s check the results.
  1. Open Microsoft Dynamics AX.
  2. In the right lower corner, click the DAT company name. The Select company form opens.
  3. Select for example the USSI (Contoso Consulting USA) company and click OK.
  4. Go for example to Accounts receivable > Common > Customers > All customers. The All customer form has customers records already.
We have loaded the demo data. From now on, you can start working with Dynamics AX: reviewing different modules, entering purchase or sales orders, etc. Dynamics AX covers a lot of different business processes. It is a very interesting world where you can learn both business processes and their implementation in Dynamics AX.

I am planning to prepare the DAX trainings for the DAX 2012 Financial, Trade & Logistics, and Production modules  with this demo data. Please follow me on Facebook to be aware about the training updates

Источник: http://www.dynamicsaxtraining.com/dy...load-demo-data